Início em 30/09/2017 até 14/01/2018
Amsterdam, the capital of Netherlands is said to be a city with heart. The polycentric city of Amsterdam has its heart and soul lying in its ring of canals and bridges that bind the concentric and infinite loop that the city is. The city is popularly called the ‘Venice of North’, for its more than one hundred kilometers of canals, around 90 islands and about 1500 bridges.
The bridge is a structure built to link two points that are separated by physical obstacles such as a water body or undulated terrain. Footbridges or pedestrian bridges are designed to span relatively shorter distances and provide passage over the obstacles. Pedestrian bridges are light-weight insertions that are designed to take the load of people on foot and even cyclists, rather than heavy vehicular traffic. The competition asks the participants to reinvent the structure of a bridge as a sculptural and artistic expression so that it complements the landscape. Participants are encouraged to invent innovative contemporary structural systems for the bridge that add an architectural twist to the very basic functional design of the bridge. The aesthetic quality, materiality, volume and form of the bridge should add vitality, beauty and a sense of identity to the structure.
participants should incorporate an on-the-way art district over the pedestrian bridge. The participants should try and break the exclusivity of art galleries, design centres and museums by fusing them into a widely-used public space. Art as an expression should reach out not just to the enthusiasts but for general public and tourists. The competition seeks the creation of a museum/gallery experience in a new format by inserting the function on a daily use bridge structure. The idea is to involve and surround daily users of the bridge in an artistic dialogue rather than it being enclosed in a pre-defined space. The bridge-gallery prototype will be an important cultural landmark, giving an extra dimension to a ‘basic functional space’.
The bridge should become an important landmark and reference point for the inhabitants and visitors of the city, a space that is integrated in the natural environment and that is flexible enough to adapt to a wide variety of activities in and around it. The bridge should rejuvenate the public life in the city and connect people in a more meaningful manner.
• Start of Competition and Early Registration: 1st October 2017
• Early Registration ends: 14th December 2017
• Standard Registration starts: 15th December 2017
• Deadline for Questions: 31st December 2017
• Standard Registration ends: 14th January 2018
• Closing day for Submissions: 15th January 2018
• Announcement of Winners: 10th February 2018
*Note: All deadlines are 11:59 pm – 00:00 IST (India).
Winning participants will receive prizes totaling INR 2,00,000 with the distribution as follows:
First prize- INR 1,00,000/- + Certificate
Second prize- INR 60,000/- + Certificate
Third prize- INR 40,000/- + Certificate
10 Honorable mentions
Winners and honorable mentions will be published on archasm’s website and several international architecture magazines and websites partnered by us.
From 1st October 2017 to 14th December 2017
• For Indian nationals- INR 1500 (per team)
• For Foreign nationals- EUR 60 (per team)
From 15th December 2017 to 14th January 2018
• For Indian nationals- INR 1800 (per team)
• For Foreign nationals- EUR 80 (per team)
Entrants may register by filling the registration form and submitting it with the appropriate payment through our secure gateway on our website.
Group discounts apply for a minimum of 5 teams from one particular architecture school/university as our initiative to promote more participation from students.
Send us the following details at email@example.com to avail the offer.
• Name of the university.
• School ID proofs of the team leaders.
It will not be possible to amend or update any information relating to your registration including the names of team members once validated.
• Participant teams will be disqualified if any of the competition rules or submission requirements are not considered. Participation assumes acceptance of the regulations.
• Team code is the only means of identification of a team as it is an anonymous competition.
• The official language of the competition is English.
• The registration fee is non-refundable.
• Contacting the Jury is prohibited.
• archasm as the competition organizer, reserves the right to modify the competition schedule if deemed necessary.
Terms and Conditions
Please see the terms and conditions section on our website.
Competition project disclaimer
This is an open international competition hosted by archasm to generate progressive design ideas. There are no plans for the art bridge to be built. The competition is organized for education purpose only.
- Tema: AMSTERDAM ART BRIDGE