Início em 04/02/2019 até 30/05/2019
Amsterdam has been one of Europe’s pioneers of architecture and design, largely because of the 17th century rings of canal houses, gabled facades, windmills and drawbridges. Modern architecture developed organically in Amsterdam between the facades of historical buildings, making it one of the finest blends between Renaissance, Berlage and the Amsterdam School. The city has a very strong cultural and artistic identity. Amsterdam is the most important cultural and artistic center to the north from Paris and between London and Cologne.
Being a relatively small city in terms of its area, Amsterdam is enveloped by a sizeable green cover. Voted as one of the greenest cities in Europe, Amsterdam takes an active approach towards sustainability and conservation. One can find a variety of flora and fauna in beautiful forests, parks, dunes and other landscapes within an easy reach of the city center. The city is home to a number of parks with Vondelpark one of its crown jewels. The park is spread in an area of 47 acres, attracting almost 10 million visitors annually. The park hosts a wide variety of cultural, artistic and sporting events apart from the usual jogging and lazing around in the lush greens of the park.
in the park, it is up to the participants to find a balance between the proposed usages and the
fragile environment where it will be located.
The competition is open to all, from every age and professional background, working in groups or individually. Teams can be formed by a maximum number of 3 people. The registration fee is paid per team.
Prizes worth EUR 2500 are up for claim with the distribution as follows:
FIRST PRIZE: EUR 1200
SECOND PRIZE: EUR 800
THIRD PRIZE: EUR 500
The competition is open to everyone in the world (architects, students, engineers etc.). You can participate individually or in a team. A team can have a maximum of three members only.
• For foreign nationals: 40 EUR PER TEAM
• For Indian nationals: 1200 INR PER TEAM
Standard registration: – 1st March 2019- 30th April 2019
• For foreign nationals: 60 EUR PER TEAM
• For Indian nationals: 1500 INR PER TEAM
Standard registration: – 1st May 2019- 30th May 2019
• For foreign nationals: 80 EUR PER TEAM
• For Indian nationals: 1800 INR PER TEAM
As a part of our initiative to encourage more student participation, we offer great discounts if a minimum of 5 teams register from one particular architecture school/university. Contact us at email@example.com to avail the offer.
• Switch reserves the right to modify the competition schedule if deemed necessary.
• Participant teams will be disqualified if any of the competition rules or submission requirements are not considered. Participation assumes acceptance of the regulations.
• Team code is the only means of identification of a team as it is an anonymous competition.
• The official language of the competition is English.
• The registration fee is non-refundable.
• Contacting the Jury is prohibited.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please see the terms and conditions section on website.
This is an open international competition hosted by Switch to generate progressive design ideas. There are no plans for any proposal to be built. The competition is organized for education purpose only.
- Tema: Spring Pavilion Amsterdam